Friday 17 June 2011

Apparently it's Feminist Friday.

So I should write something feministy.

I am a feminist. Obviously. So are you, probably.

Here's a handy cosmo-style quiz to help out:

1 - Do you think that how people are treated, valued, and respected should be equal, regardless of their gender?
a Yes, of course
b No, people like ME should be treated better than people who are not like me
c No, people like me should get less good treatment

2 - Do you think that people generally are treated, valued, and respected equally, regardless of their gender?
a Yeah, pretty much
b Not completely
c Not at all and I am ANGRY about it

3 - Assuming you answered #2 correctly - do you want this to change?
a Yes, of course
b I told you, I like things being unequal
c Yes, and I try to make it happen wherever I can

Answers:
1
a - Correct, this is an essential point
b - That's not very nice, is it?
c - You need to work on your self-esteem until you switch your answer to a

2
a - Maybe you should look around a little more, because they aren't
b - This is also a key realisation - you don't need to be angry, just aware...
c - ...Although the more you think about it and look around and see sexism the more likely it is that you will become angry (sorry)

3
a - Congratulations, you are a feminist
b - Sounds like you are sexist, well happily for you the world is too. Enjoy it.
c - You're a feminist too, but you already knew that

5 comments:

  1. "Do you think that people generally are treated, valued, and respected differently depending on their gender?"

    um... don't you mean "do you think people generally are treated, valued and respected equally irrespective of their gender?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. D'oh.

    Shows how much anyone reads this - that's been there since last Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I managed to switch my sentence structure midway and so say the opposite of what I meant! :-)

    ReplyDelete